The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends daily added sugar amount of no more than 9 teaspoons for men & 6 teaspoons for women .
However, Malaysians were found to consume an average of 26 teaspoons  of sugar per day, which is far beyond the recomended daily sugar intake by AHA.
Consuming too much added sugar in daily diet causes a high risk for obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Hence, a sugar replacement which reduces health risks and delivers the same sweetness as sugar becomes a healthy alternative for people.
Sweetality is a revolutionary sugar replacement derived from sugar cane using the proprietary Flavour Infusion Factor (FIF) technology. It is made up of 2 main components, High Intensity Sucrose FIF, High Intensity Sucralose FIF, where these 2 components are infused together via the proprietary FIF technology.
It replaces the sweetness of sugar, yet retains all the characteristics of sugar including being heat and pH stable. Unlike conventional sweeteners, Sweetality is highly versatile and has many uses especially in cooking, baking and brewing.
• Made from sugar cane
• Low calorie
• 80% lower in calories compared to white sugar
• 5 times sweeter than white sugar
• Each serving (1g) is as sweet as 1 teaspoon of normal white sugar (5g)
• Each serving (1g) only contributes to 4kcal while 1 serving of white sugar (5g) contributes to 20kcal
Used as sugar, but with reduced amount as it is 5x sweeter than sugar.
"1g of Sweetality Granulated Sweetener gives the same sweetness as 5g of sugar"
1. American Heart Association official website. Https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/sugar/added-sugars
2. Consumers Association of Penang official portal. Https://consumer.org.my/category/focus/sugar-and-diseases/